NEF @ 50 yards.
[Linked Image]

Encore @ 50 yards.
[Linked Image]

The load for both is 80 grains BH209, .50 cal 250 grain aerolite bullets, and Win 209 primers. The NEF Sidekick likes the load and as you can see the Encore doesn't. The load is for my daughter so I don't beat her to death, and she shot both groups. I'm trying to work out a good load for our Father/Daughter plains mule deer hunt, she has the buck tag and I'm after a doe.

The top three shots is after adjusting elevation with the NEF, the bottom one was her first shot. The bottom group is out of the Encore which was shooting about 15" low to start. Both rifle use fire sights, but the Encore has a much finer front sight and is actually the better sights. Both rifles are maxed out on elevation, I can't adjust them anymore.

I think I can live with the NEF and the way it is shooting. I'll try taking it out to 150 yards over the next few days. However, what should I try with the Encore? Should I increase the powder charge to 90 grains and see if that helps the elevation and tighten up the groups? I don't want to go too high in powder in case my daughter winds up shooting this rifle as she liked it better as far as recoil goes.