Originally Posted by SKane
I can't speak to the recoil aspect. You're building a reasonable weight .308 - can't see recoil being an issue with any of them. (others might have different thoughts on that)

IIRC, the Sporter is only .5" shorter than the classic. But the Sporter is more than generous up-front and will swallow that barrel with aplomb. smile

With the LV, I'd still go with the Classic but you've only got to please you.

Give McMillan a call and talk to them about it. They'll have calipers at the ready, will grab the stock you're interested in and give you any measurements you may need.

I don't have a problem with recoil in the physical sense, I should have clarified and used the term muzzle rise. Being I am building a Hunter I like to see bullet impact, the 20" barrel as you know will tend to have more jump due to its length and a straighter high heeled stock will deliver the recoil straighter into my shoulder helping minimize the jump compared to a butt stock having a lower heel. I am not going to use a break on this rifle cause I am deaf enough from 30 years of Sirens (retired firefighter) and 50 years of gunshots (started huntin at 10). LOL

Last edited by Gitsum; 09/21/16.