Originally Posted by Alamosa
It is remarkable that he is still willing to hunt with you considering the information/opinions about him that you have posted on a public forum.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8703620/1

Dave will be the first one to tell you he wasn't very good at controlling his diabetes and that his failure to do so caused a lot of problems for him, both physical and financial. That includes problems that, if left untreated, were life threatening. My concerns about him were entirely justified and we both agreed that, as stated in the thread mentioned above, "sending him home horizontally was something we both wanted to avoid".

He now has an internal insulin pump and appears to be much more stable but there are still concerns. He had the pump last year and was still unable to keep up with others in the hunting party. This is why we both agreed he should come up later in the season to hunt the sage country along the migration routes rather than joining us early when we might be hunting the highlands.

There isn't anything I've posted on this forum that I haven't discussed at length with Dave. Dave will tell you that some of those discussions were somewhat painful but necessary. After last year he was, in his mind, done elk hunting. He has been and continues to be one of my closest friends, which is why I've encouraged him to try one more year and am making special accommodations for him that family members I'll be hunting with don't get.

Unless you know me personally (and offhand I can't think of anyone on this forum that does) and know me better than most of my friends including some I've known longer than the 18 years I've known Dave, good luck identifying him.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 09/21/16. Reason: Capitalization

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.