Originally Posted by SAKO75
Curious what the majority have here on the pistol that they grab when they hear a noise in the night.

Do you have a tac light, laser, both, neither?

What do you have or don't have and Why?

For home, it was a revolver, now a pistol, along with a good handheld light, and a phone. Someone above question the ability to search, clear rooms, etc w/ a handheld light vs weapon mounted light, and my personal response, to that, is the use of training and tactics. I've done this professionally for so many decades, having quite a number of real life work experiences, to include armed subjects, that my techniques are sound, including use of the four Ps. At home, I run into so many needs for the bedside handheld light, absent use of a firearm, that I use one vs a weapon light. At work, however, certain tactical low light situations are better executed with the addition of a weapon mounted light. I know others having both a handheld plus weapon light at their bedside. I place more more value with having the handheld.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood