Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I've had some really good 6 digit rifles. In fact, the last one I sold was a 6 digit rifle and it was my favorite. It functioned perfectly and is extremely accurate. The guy I sold it to swears by the earlier 5 digits classics, but knew if I told him this 6 digit was good, he could trust me. Bob has some good advice here. One thing I noticed in the OP, you state this rifle, "has and will continue to be hunted". My question is, do you know the history on this one? Do you know the owner personally and can you trust this person? If at all possible, can you try the rifle out at the range and check to be sure it's perfectly functional and accurate. By function, I mean:

1. no hiccups of any kind.

2. no galling of the lugs (watch out on some of the stainless classics)

3. Watch for scope mount holes drilled off center.

4. No feeding or extraction issues.

5. Properly functioning safety.

If everything checks out and the price is right, I'd buy it..

I bought that 06 of BSA and it's a very good shooter lol now I'm that guy lol... I like the earlier 5 digits the fit and finish is very good.. I guess I been very lucky the only real dud I had was a late new haven in 325 wsm made in 2005. Most guys tend to shy away from the 7 digits I don't think you can go wrong with any 6 digits out their...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.