My first rifle in the early 60's was a Mauser 98 7.92x57. I only shot perhaps twenty rounds in it before the Sharon 6mm Remington arrived dad did the rebarrel and I bought a Herters C grade varmint stock. The IMR 4350 with 75 grain (both Speer and Sierra) bullets would shoot 1/4" groups. Thus the love affair with 6mm Remington and IMR 4350. Since then I've used that powder in many cartridges. I bought it in 8 lb containers.

I'm looking at 30-06 with Partitions for a cow elk tag in WY. I'm using lighter than normal (for me) bullets because I'm also loading for my son and I'm concerned on how he handles recoil. I will bring 3 ea 06's along. They all shoot under 1MOA with IMR 4350. When hunting out of state I normally bring a spare rifle. I often do so in state if away from home.

Since I live a little over 1,000 feet in elevation and am sighting in at 70 degrees. Plus, We will be hunting at tree line, perhaps 11,000 feet. At that elevation temperature could vary greatly, I think.

While shooting will likely be close range, I want to eliminate as much variables as possible. And in case I miss there's always "The sun got in my eyes and the rocks I was standing on moved about the same time as I was stung by something, and I heard a rattle that sounded like a timber rattler just behind me and...

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally