Originally Posted by JoeBob
There is an arse for every seat but for me, I don't get the utility of a red dot. A 1 x 4 scope or a receiver sight is just as quick and the scope definitely offers more precision. And for me, the receiver sight does too because I have a slight astigmatism that keeps the dot from being precisely sharp. But I think even were that not the case, I would prefer the low power scope for all purposes.

I think the red dot is good for guys who never learned to shoot optics with both eyes open. They get the red dot and feel like it is quicker. But if you shoot with both eyes open, it isn't any quicker than anything else.

The astigmatism thing is a concern for me as my eyes aren't perfect so that may make my decision for me. Going to try and find a dealer local and play around with the scope first to see how my eyes do with it. Probably go towards the end of day so I can check it out in full brightness, go eat dinner and come back and check it out again at dusk to see what it looks like in dimming natural light.

If the dot fuzziness thing happens to me, I may decide to go with a 3x or 5x "prism" scope like burris makes shown below. I was hoping for a dual purpose scope with unlimited eye relief but with the astigmatism, that may not be an option.

[Linked Image]

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE