Originally Posted by Allen917
Congrats on your Oehler! I've really enjoyed mine, and I like the setting that uses the 8 ft screen spacing. You do need to get one accessory when using it at public ranges. A sign that sez's "Yes you may use my Chronograph. $100 deposit required".

I've lost my screens 3 times, always by some "expert" I allowed to use it.

I have a much less expensive Shooting Chrony Beta Master, but even I was a bit nervous about someone asking me to use it the first time. Turns out they were asking me to shoot it over the chronograph for them. I've done this less dozen times in the past 8 or so years. Each time the person politely requested I shoot their firearm across it instead of asking if they could. I don't mind this so much, but I always verify the firearm is properly sighted-in.

It's been kind of neat as I've been able to shoot cartridges that I otherwise wouldn't have. 25-35, 45-70, etc. The only people I've turned down was someone asking to shoot a muzzle loader across it as I've seen pics where the patch under the bullet hit the front sensor with enough force to damage it.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear