And that's fine. I'm not trying to be a contrarian - it's all good.

I'm a fussbudget when it comes to cast bullets. I don't mind spending an entire evening creating 100 bullets, then sorting/weighing/inspecting them, meticulously orienting them in the sizing die (Saeco) exactly the same each time (aided by a tiny dimple in the mold cavity that creates a tiny dimple on the cast bullet), then patiently swaging the noses in a custom die in the arbor press to form a taper that perfectly matches the leade of the rifle bore (both cut with the same reamer) - and end up with maybe 40 "usable" bullets. Then a range session during which said bullets are loaded in the same case for each shot, at the bench, again oriented via the dimple on the nose, and the case itself oriented in the chamber exactly the same each time. Takes a while to fire a ten shot group. But, all that work is rewarded with groups that would cause 1/2 the keyboard jockeys here on the 'Fire to accuse me of cheating.

Time? What's time to a pig? grin

I don't shoot pistols but a couple times a year anymore, so concern over time constraints for making buckets of pistol bullets at a time are a moot point for me. There was a time when I shot competitively and I was casting small buckets full of .38 wadcutters every week. Believe it or not I started out with a single cavity mold, and very quickly switched to a gang mold. Even then I don't know that PC'ing would have saved time appreciably because I was zipping them through a Star sizer/luber as fast as I could pick them up. I certainly saved the time they would've spent sitting in an oven curing.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 09/29/16.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty