Just purchased the Stainless Stalker version approximately 1 month ago. Currently own 70's and 700's and have had 77's in the past. Wanted to try something a bit different and took a chance. Here's what I have noticed with mine;

Fit and finish are very good. I can usually find small manufacturing spots on any of my firearms but the attention to detail on my XBolt is very good. it even slightly edges out my Super Grade in this category.

The rifle is a long action and you have plenty of room to play with in the box magazine as far as COL is concerned. A short throat will make chasing the lands easy.

Ergonomics fit. It is one of the only rifles that I own that when shouldered I don't cant. The silly thing just feels good, can't explain it.

Functioning has been excellent. Loaded 4 dummy rounds in the box,dry fired and cycled as fast as I could with the intention of seeing if it would bobble. Repeated this for 80 cycles and it never even hiccuped.....not even once. Once again this is superior to both my long and short action 700's and my Super Grade. Dead heat with the Featherweight.

Shoots pretty well. Slim barrel heats up fast but if I pace myself it will keep 5 (not 3) 150 Sierra Gamekings within 1 MOA at 100 if i haven't had too much coffee. The only rifle I have that will consistently beat it is a 700 VSSF.

Trigger is very good out of the box. Haven't even had it apart yet and I usually take everything apart just to see how it works. Don't know about the long term reliability yet.

All in all very pleasantly surprised by what many consider the Rodney Dangerfield of rifles.