Wow, just wow, is this experience talking (with the X-Bolt)? Or is it just opinion based on a different rifle? Admittedly, MO is not Alaska, but so far - for the past 5 seasons, both the X-BOLTS I've owned and shot and hunted with have functioned flawlessly. This does include one Colorado second season elk hunt in snow, rain, mud, cold and wind.

I sold my Extreme Weather Model 70 to a 'fire member and kept the X-bolt and don't regret it. It's lighter, more accurate, and fits me better. If you have personal experience with this rifle, that's one thing, but to disparage a rifle that you may have never owned, shot, or hunted with smacks a little bit of bias and group think. If a guy asks an honest question, give an honest answer based on your experience, not your opinions garnered from others. And Redneck, I am not including you in this response, I do very respect your opinion, but some of the responses are of no value to the OP.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."