Originally Posted by JJHACK
Springers in general do need a solid well made springer rated scope.

The TX200 is such a gentle rifle that I think about any well made scope would survive just fine. However I cannot see how anyone would be putting a cheap scope on a 700 dollar rifle.

I have thousands of rounds through my TX200 with a Vortex 4-16 scope so far with no issues at all. It's an astonishing tack driver even at 50 yards, 30 yards is a chip shot even on dime sized targets.

The weak link ( for all air rifles) is the wind. The Vortex scope has BDC reticle. With the hash marks on the horizontal plane, the wind doping becomes much easier. There are vertical and horizontal lines to manage the impact point. Hitting 50 yard targets with a decent breeze is possible with this scope. I would not even take the shot without these additional hash marks to use as my aim point.

I have a Nikon Prostaff Target EFR on my R9 - it has been a great scope. AO (a must) 3-9 with a regular X hair w/ target dot reticle. I have tried the mil dot's but prefer a plain X-hair and hold off on my own. Shots into the wind are usually just holding on that side of the target - and with a 25yd zero a couple inches of hold over will get you out to about 50 yards. Fun stuff.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope