Originally Posted by sierrabravo45
Originally Posted by EdM
What are your truck needs? smile

Something that is safe for hauling around two kids. Able to get in and out of nasty boat ramps so I can launch my raft or drift boat. Take Elk and Deer hunting down two tracks and in random places.

My issue is lots of so called "trucks" have turned into urban city vehicles.

I would gladly bring a Toyota Hilux from here in Norway. Manual, Diesel, built very well, great off road etc.

But you can't get them in the US. I have looked at the Z71 and the Dodges. But when you compare prices...I would rather pay a little more and have all the benefits of a Raptor with heavy duty suspension etc.

I am moving from Norway to the US next year. I have some cash put away for a truck. So I am looking at my options. That truck seemed to fit the bill pretty well. What is killing me right now is not the truck price (for once in my life, as I am used to expensive stuff over here and vehicle prices.) A comparable Ford Ranger here would be 100,000USD Its the exchange rate. When we started working over here, it was 1USD to 5.7 Kroner. Now its 1USD to 8 Kroner. Kills transfers of money back to the US.

You can get a Ram 2500 workman with the Cummins diesel for $40k from Dave Smith Motors, ignore the sticker prices just pick one you like, email them and a sales person will call you with a quote.

Now if you really want a heavy duty offroad vehicle I'd say forget the trucks and get a Toyota Landcruiser. Yes, even more money than a Raptor but IMHO worth it. And it's not an overpriced American SUV, it's an honest to goodness offroad vehicle.