For those interested in such things, thought I'd give you a better look and also a range report.

The rifle:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Better look at the reticle:

[Linked Image]

I tried the rifle out at 100 yds with the hunting loads for my 03A3. The first group was 3"left and 6" high. I thought that was pretty remarkable considering it's age and how long it had likely been since being shot. It may have even been correct with whatever loads used back then. Anyway, I tried to correct the zero and couldn't get back on the paper, so had to drop back to 25 yds to rezero. I got close at 100 so left it alone and fired these two groups. Considering my 67 yr old eyes, the foggy scope, and the post reticle, I am pretty pleased with the old boy's performance!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The horizontal drift on the second target likely had more to do with my eyes getting fatigued and not holding to the 6 o'clock hold I was using on the bulls eye than the rifle/scope. Of course, the tight group in the first one may have been a fluke....who knows with this rifle, scope, reticle, and old eye combination. Doesn't matter, it's good enuf to kill my deer at the woods ranges I plan to use it at.