Originally Posted by duck911
I can architect the worlds most complicated telecommunications systems but when it comes to home electrical work I am admittedly a COMPLETE moron.

So here is my question:

I have an existing light fixture in the basement. I know I can tap into it with 14/2 romex, go black/black, white/white, copper/copper, and run a line to a new fixture, so I would then have 2 lights on the same switch.

To add a 3rd light, would I just do the same from the new 2nd light? Or do I add any more lights off the existing light?

blush

Told you I am an electrical moron!

All of the lights will be low wattage LED so I am not worried about additional load on the circuit.

thanks!!

I am a telecommunications person too (retired) but I installed the central office switching systems which included all the breaker panels, lighting, electrical receptacles, power systems (batteries, rectifiers to charge the batteries and diesel generators to charge the batteries if commercial power went down). Go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a book about home wiring and you'll never have to ask another question about home electrical work.