Cumminscowboy, Stromin and Sharecropper , you are all right. The thing is, Sharecropper know what he is doing in stocks, the other two know real-estate . Peter Lynch said, " buy what you know. My dad did extremely well in rental houses in the far suburbs west of Milwaukee. He bought 1 ac. lots for $4000 and built some nice houses on them. At 84 he still refuses to sell them. But he was a carpenter , and could frame houses in a few weeks, have them done in 6 months. We would live in them, then build another and rent out the one we moved out of. I hate the rental life , so I took the money and bought REITS when several house bids fell through. I would rather have a house I can see with my eyes. I am making the same money as the rental property with the same amount of money. I dont get calls of whining people being short on rent. Dad just put 4k into a roof too. Alhtough , I am getting hammered in real-estate the last 2 weeks, I think it will come back, even though AGNC cut div. by 10%. I just get dividends reinvested and I sleep at night. I am not sure I am better off with the REITS or renting a house but the REIT is easier.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23