My daughter and I have been hunting antelope for a few days now. We'd gotten on several bucks that wouldn't hold still for long enough. After a few times of taking too long to shoot I encouraged my daugther that she was going to have to shoot one of these times. Especially with deer and elk coming up. You can't just walk over the hill and find 6 more buck deer or bull elk like we usually can with antelope.

I got a little lecture back from her. Something about she'd rather not shoot than make a bad shot. Who does she think she is anyway.

This afternoon we finally got on a herd that didn't have a clue we were there. They were a little far at just under 300, but my daughter was prone and she kills prairie dogs at that distance with this very rifle. It's a M70 22-250 with 64 grain Noslers. I cut a cheaper stock down for her since she's a little short and needs a short lop.

There were two bucks and several does. Both bucks were up on a rock pile. She dumped him with one shot. I told her to reload and stay on him.

But he was done. Little brother and ruby were along too. My son really had fun dissecting the buck. Including cutting open the heart and seeing the chambers.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]