The triggers can be fine tuned with little fuss. Generally just a little polishing on the sear/trigger engagement areas and a tad lighter spring. I get mine down to 2.5 pounds easily enough. Nice shooting pre 64 you have, sounds damn promising. Probably the only complaint I'd have with a standard wt. 257 Roberts is the weight. However, I'll bet it's a joy to shoot. As for guessing the years, it's easy enough to do if your rifle has original parts like bolt handle, bolt sleeve, bolt release button, safety lever, butt plates, recoil pads, stock, color of stock, checkering panels, etc. It's obvious your stock has been refinished, but it still looks good and sounds like it shoots lights out. You have a very solid rifle right there. I'll bet you will enjoy it for a looooooong time and even pass it down, if you keep it that long. These rifles will easily outlast most of us here... blush

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA