Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by RBO
The 280ai is quite possibly the ultimate North American hunting cartridge. From the plains to the mountain range, and from western blacktails to the speed goats of the prairies, the northern whitetails, Utah bull elk, right up to the Alaskan moose, it is at home. It might not be a first choice for a 1000yd gong shooter, but as a practical hunting cartridge I can't think of a better all round cartridge. There are a few that would fit the bill, but when you average the trajectory, with the kinetic energy, felt recoil, bc and bullet selection, if you reload there isn't a better cartridge. If there is id love to hear what it is?

LMAO..... smile

Gimme a break.... crazy

Well bob, when you're done laughing clean the beer off your belly and tell me what is a better cartridge.

A 30-06? I've got one of those that collects dust in the locker. 300mag variety? Had about a half dozen of those filter through. 7mm-08 or 308? They'd do ok if you're shots were <300yds. Powder burners and pop guns.

I posted my opinion in a way to rile people up enough to hopefully come up with an informative response, and perhaps even suggest a more well rounded cartridge for North American game. I also knew it get a lot of responses from people who don't like the 280ai but couldn't come up with a better cartridge.