Originally Posted by HiredGun
Hey Eddie.

You seem to take issue with whenever I recommend using the NIC, "find an applicator" tool. Why is that?

To universally recommend avoiding formally educated applicators who have invested in their business by becoming Certified is an insult to NIC and the thousands of Certified applicators that take the business seriously. Getting Certified gains any applicator knowledge that can only be learned from the maker of the product from objective laboratory testing and from the feedback from tens of thousands of applications without having to subject customers to these pitfalls while the applicator gains experience and feedback. That in depth knowledge is absent from someone that is not certified. Without objective laboratory testing even “experienced applicators” mistakes could go unnoticed and brushed off as a shortcoming of Cerakote.

Shawn

Shawn,

I'm sorry, I don't believe I have ever "universally recommended avoiding formally educated applicators." In fact I know I haven't. So do yourself a favor and don't put words in my mouth. My relationship with NIC is stellar and their company is as good as they come. To imply that a applicator that is not Certified doesn't take the business serious is laughable at best. I go through multiple gallons of cerakote every month and on more than one occasion in the past, they have contacted me on how I was doing some things that they couldn't. They also helped me out at times when I started out.

I have also repaired a few really botched up jobs from a couple different coaters (who I will not mention) that were Certified. I was concerned and notified my contacts at NIC about it. Guess what they said? We train how to properly prep and apply the coating to the substrate(s), after they leave here it's up to them. Sounds spot on to me.

However, I think taking the class is great if you have no experience. It's great for advertisement also, but if you do crappy work it won't matter, because you wont last very long.

I will go on record here and say I personally know good certified applicators too. Hopefully you feel better know.

I do pay to advertise on here too.

Good day to all......TRUMP 2016

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com