Had this one (a 3rd Gen Colt .44 Special) sitting in the safe, unused. Time to shoot it again. Been shooting a DA revolver for bullseye almost daily, so range time with plinkers and special cases like the Colt .44 was limited. Since the bullseye season is over for now, I had time to reacquaint myself with some other guns. I have a ton of factory Winchester .44 246 grain lead stuff, so off to the range I went with plenty of ammo and the Colt.

Point of impact was centered at 25 yards; trigger broke at a creep-free 3.5 lbs, which is perfect. After 60 rounds it got boring shooting 10s and Xs with the big Colt. Recoil was almost nil, about what a K-frame .38 with standard velocity wadcutter would be. All rounds were fired slow-fire with one paw, like handguns are supposed to be shot. Somewhat retro, but fun none-the-less. Might have to do this shooting-as-a-pastime thing more often. Regular training for matches can be mind-numbing.
Bob

Older designs like the SAA can still perform, if you allow for their limitations. This one groups almost as well (and to POA) as my accurized 1911s
[Linked Image]

After a quick clean-up and some fondling, it's time to head back into the safe
[Linked Image]

Last edited by RGK; 10/11/16.