Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Yeah, Sakos are very good. In fact one of the general trends in rifles as well as other products, such as optics, is less far less difference in performance between lower-priced products and what we've come to think of as top-of-the-line stuff, whether custom rifles or "alpha glass."

I really don't wanna sidetrack this thread, but every once in a great while you say something that provokes thought shocked

Thanks, I needed that grin

No seriously though JB, in ways, and I guess in general, I agree with that. But can think of plenty of exceptions also. I have old Weaver steel tube Micro Tracs here that are built like tanks and will out track and hold zero better than the vast majority of todays optics. And that isn't even close to a guess. Glass, strictly speaking, is definitely better overall today.

As for cheaper rifles, accuracy has undoubtedly increased overall. Without question. But often, a lot of the rest of the rifle leaves much to be desired IMO.

Just me thinking out loud. Would be a good thread to start. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.....