I have long stated the cheaper VX2 2-7x33 to be a better scope than the VX3 2.5-8x36. And been questioned on it plenty of times. Others here seem to wholeheartedly agree. I was questioned on it again, so here goes.

This is my opinion, not theirs. Anyone who cares to, is more than welcome to post their own reasoning in defense of either model right here.

Advantage:

Price----------------------VX2

Weight-------------------VX2

Mounting latitude----VX2

Lower mounting-----VX2

FOV----------------------VX2

Constant eye relief----VX2

These things are enough for me to pick the 2-7x33 over the 2.5-8x3 every time. The 2-7x33 is simply easier to "get behind" IMO.

The 2.5-8x36 has 2moa more adjustment. And that will vary from scope to scope, so it's really a wash. It also supposedly has better lens coatings and is brighter due to larger size. If it is brighter, it sure ain't much. Certainly not enough to over ride the other shortcomings. IME it has wandering eye relief. Roughly twice that of the 2-7x33 IMO. I guess one could argue that it has a nicer or smoother power ring and adjustments. But again, not enough here either to sway my opinion.

Anyhoo, these are my thoughts and not yours. Just letting some here know why I say what I say regarding the 2 models. And I have taken plenty of deer with the 2.5-8x36. Even on 2 long actions, so you needn't tell me it works. I know that. It is just less scope for more money IMO.

Lets hear it......