Originally Posted by bobnob17
I'm no scope expert but I have learned that the lighter and lower-mounted the scope, the less weirdness I see regarding wandering zero etc.

Ie a low profile, light weight scope that can be mounted lower in good mounts, will always be my first option. It gets more important as recoil increases, whether that's due to a more powerful cartridge and or a lighter rifle.

Maybe not too much in it in respect of the two scopes cited above, but for the reasons above I choose the 2-7x33.

If you pay attention to used scopes, 40mm and larger objectives will generally have more and bigger dings on the objective bell--they stick out more and a lot more likely to get banged around.

Actually I much prefer looking through Leupold 3-9's and 3.5-10's, but they "unbalance" a lightweight rifle.

I've carried a number of 2-7's and 2.5-8's on lightweight and heavier hunting rifles, and the compactness makes it easier to avoid banging them on stuff. Horse and ATV scabbards are another consideration.

For me, the size difference between the two is almost nil--but the
2-7's are more S/A friendly.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.