Originally Posted by DELGUE
Originally Posted by cdb
I've had an Elite 4200 3-9x40 on my .270 for five years and haven't felt the need to change.

In current manufacture, aren't there certain brands you see better through than others? Since you have a plethora of rifles I'd think you'd have a plethora of scopes and have an idea of what works for you.

Brands on my current rifles are Leupold, Nikon, Redfield, and a 40 year old Marlin 4x32. I've been on 2 mule deer hunts and 1 elk hunt. My experience hunting out West is virtually nil. I was hoping to get a feel for what scope the folks that hunt out there a lot prefer, as well as what 270 shooters prefer. I've been wanting a 270 for 40 years. Now I've got one, and it's going to be one of my core rifles after I retire. I want to get the scope purchase right.
Originally Posted by DELGUE
Originally Posted by cdb
I've had an Elite 4200 3-9x40 on my .270 for five years and haven't felt the need to change.

In current manufacture, aren't there certain brands you see better through than others? Since you have a plethora of rifles I'd think you'd have a plethora of scopes and have an idea of what works for you.

Brands on my current rifles are Leupold, Nikon, Redfield, and a 40 year old Marlin 4x32. I've been on 2 mule deer hunts and 1 elk hunt. My experience hunting out West is virtually nil. I was hoping to get a feel for what scope the folks that hunt out there a lot prefer, as well as what 270 shooters prefer. I've been wanting a 270 for 40 years. Now I've got one, and it's going to be one of my core rifles after I retire. I want to get the scope purchase right.

Don't know if Texas is considered out west. On some parts of my land the max distance shot at a deer would be well under 100 yards. Other parts the shots can be much much further than I'd ever shoot. That's why I have a 3-9 on mine, it is so versatile.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.