Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Ran into a few Glockophiles who felt that if the gun wouldn't function in many different - and not always optimum - holds, it wasn't fit for duty. Me, well my XD runs perfectly with several different bullet profiles.

I don't consider myself a Glockophile, but that has been my view about the way a carry gun should function. My .45 ACP 3.3" XD-S passed this test. It has fed anything, including lead SWC ammo that chokes my Glock 30. The only malfunction I ever experienced was when I fired a .40 S&W in it by mistake and it failed to cycle because the case fire formed into the chamber. My wife, on the other hand, managed to jam it on about round 3 after I told her how utterly reliable the gun was. I cannot recall ever seeing her experience a malfunction with her guns.

I had to ditch the XD-S because the ambidextrous magazine release was getting activated and was unseating the magazine when the gun was carried in an ankle holster. I also found it very slow for follow up shots.

On the flip side, I have learned how to induce malfunctions with Gen 4 9mm Glocks, at least on guns right out of the box. I don't trust those without some break in.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln