cra1948

When the XD-S first came out, you would be surprised at the number of people who simply could not make it function. Many of these same people would tout that they were experienced hand gunners and that this never happened with their Glocks - but at the time, Glock didn't have a similarly sized single stack with which to compare.

The overarching theme, was that there was a problem with the gun. Those of us who were experienced with abbreviated semi-autos, like the Colt's Officer's Model, didn't seem to have a problem, though many who tried to go from full size 1911 to Officer's did have a problem. They could never accept the fact that even minor flaws in their weapons control would be magnified with the engineering changes necessary to make the little blasters work.

The XD-S isn't for everyone, but for those who can't seem to make it work reliably, it seems the fault lies with the gun and not the technique.

Of course there were those who couldn't make the government model work well either.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain