'...the intention of the founding fathers...' RE: Voting.

Lets see, all State houses are LOCAL/STATE elections. Not exactly a 'Founding Father Issue'

US House Members are a result of STATE/LOCAL elections.

Originally, the US Senate was composed of men sent/chosen by the various STATE houses, NO direct voting issue there.

The POTUS and VPOTUS are elected by the various STATE Electors, chosen by the States. How they are chosen and cast a ballot is determined by each State Constitution. This was changed some, from the 'Founding Fathers' original procedure, when the 12th Amendment was ratified in 1804.

While some call it a Federal Election by the General Population, there really is none, IMHO.

What the Constitution does is lay out, for the States, some conditions that cannot be used to prohibit someone from voting; race, creed, age above 18, sex......

All elections and voting are/is at the STATE level.

The 'Founding Fathers' did not spell out who was eligible to vote, leaving that to the States.

The 15th, 19th, 24th and 26th Amendments, beginning in 1870, are the only places that specifically mention a 'Right to Vote' and only in regards to prohibiting a 'denial or restriction' of that 'Right'.

I am from Florida and IMHO some things should NOT be made easier just for the sake of numbers.

If FL were to allow voting for 12 year olds and up it would not violate any rule/law or otherwise, and lots more would/might vote, but that doesn't make it better.......

But what do I know, I'm often wrong, it's part of my charm!!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )