I did not know the power wagon was still made new! Good info. I know two guys that have one both mid 2000's. Neither can get the front locker to engage with the selector on demand. Both require some distance to drive before they will engage.

Both guys are simply disgusted with the amount of "technology" involved with the process of simply engaging the axel. I do not know about the Rubicon's speed to engage but the design from my understanding is exactly the same. Why they chose such a complicated arrangement instead of just contracting with ARB for the proven flawless air lockers is a mystery!

The rear of the Power wagon is flawless, locks up probably within a single rotation. Dodge says to turn the wheels right and left when the lights flashing or drive in reverse to get the front to engage. Odd, if I'm stuck I need that locker to engage when I tell it to, not when all the stars in perfect alignment. I've seen both these guys drive 100 yards and weave the truck and then go reverse and still the engagement light is flashing and will not lock. I would be very disappointed in that design. Then the next time they want it on, they select and Boom it's engaged. Funny stuff for all that technology!

I know that the Toyota Land cruiser FJ had front and rear electric lockers and they locked up within seconds of selecting them. Although occasionally difficult to disengage with the R&P gears locked up tight. Then driving in reverse would open them up. That's a far more reasonable design to have them difficult unlock when not needed rather that not lock when you do need it.

I've had an Aussie Locker and a Detroit locker in my life on other vehicles. Both are spectacular off road, but not always a good choice on the icy highway at 50 plus MPH. Once I had the ARB's put in, I was done looking for a perfect solution. The ARB and the OX lockers are nearly instant engagement and flawless.

As in the Power wagon, my Ram 2500 has the limited slip read end. It's very nice and locks up even on a gravel road when making a sharp turn ( sometimes in a paved parking lot too). It's about as good in my opinion as the Aussie Locker. Those guys at American Axles got this rear end about right!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)