Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by ajmorell
Originally Posted by tzone
Going to the BFG's will reduce your mileage whether or not they're bigger. They just do.

I have the new bfg KO 2's and I have to say, i'm not all that impressed. They flat out suck in the rain. Sand they're good. Mud they're OK, snow they're fine.

I actually can't say that's been my experience. I have just shy of 35k on my KO2s and they are one of the best all around tires I've ever owned. Mine are fine in the rain, excellent in the snow and ice and good enough for all of my other hunting duties which can take me into some rough terrain. I lost ~1 mpg, maybe a little less going from a 4-ply highway tire to a 10-ply A/T, so no complaints there either.

It takes almost nothing to spin the tires in the rain. I've had a ton of BFG's and for the what they now charge for them...I'm not impressed.

You must not drive in rain or ice much. That is THE biggest complaint about the BFG's and always has been.

I'm going a different direction on the next set for sure. I have 30'ish K miles on them now. They're actually wearing better than the others I've had, I'll give em that.

Yeah, NM isn't exactly known for all the rain it gets. We get a fair amount of ice/snow in the northern mountains but it's nothing like what the midwest gets as it usually melts within a day. I agree on the price tag. I might give Toyos or Coopers a hard look for that reason alone next time.