While hunting with my son last week we were using a Remington model 7 in a 7mm-08. We have owned this rifle for three years and have shot it at least 40-50 times. We have never experienced any type of malfunction whatsoever. When the safety was moved from safe to fire the gun fired unexpectedly. I unloaded it with the floorplate, removed the spent casing and closed the bolt. When I closed the bolt the firing pin dropped again. Had I just chambered another round it would have fired it as well. Sitting there in the blind with our ears ringing and thinking about all that could have potentially gone wrong I had a sick feeling in my stomach. Thankfully there were no issues but we were then done hunting for the morning. I tried repeatedly to get it to fail again and I did get it to a few times. It was very random and there was no repeatability to the circumstances that would make it fail. I own 5 Remington model 7 or 700s and now I am super concerned about their triggers. Where do I go from here? Do I need to send them back to Remington or can I send the triggers to a gunsmith and have them all looked at to make sure they are safe? I know there is a huge recall on the triggers but what is the general consensus about how Remington handles it and an approximate turn around time? I know I could replace them all with an aftermarket trigger but at $125-150 each that is certainly not in the budget right now. I am curious at to what the right thing to do is at this point. I like the guns but if safety is an issue, could be just as happy with something else.