Originally Posted by smokepole

Nice try sport. My reading comprehension is just fine, it's your writing skills that suck. I quoted you accurately; you said nothing about "other applications where you've used it" you just said what's above--"What works well and is cheap and good still works well and is cheap and good."

And once again, you're as FOS as a Christmas turkey.

You must do a lot of backpacking to be able to speak so authoritatively on the subject, and know what will work without trying it, huh?

You quoted me accurately but lost the context because your reading comprehension skills suck big time.

In context and in my post to which Brad responded, I specifically stated " Haven't ever tried it with a rifle but have used a lot of Velcro to hold things in place where frequent detachment is required."

Brad's comment was that I should team up with Rube Goldberg. My comment "What works well and is cheap and good still works well and is cheap and good." was in response to Brad's Rube Goldberg comment and essentially meant that a design should be based on its actual merits.

By the way, Rube Goldberg had an engineering degree from U.C. Berkeley.

As to your question " If you've never done it, how do you know that it works well?", nowhere have I stated I KNOW it will work well. Instead I BELIEVE it will work well, based on experience using Velcro and other hook-and-loop fasteners in a lot of other applications and some common sense, something you appear to lack.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 10/25/16. Reason: spelnig

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.