Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Not a working dog but she is great one. She is pretty protective of the boys and tries to herd them away from the water when they get close.

LOL 10 years or so ago I had a big ol' Doberman, Cody, who was nearly Great Dane size. Cody, wouldn't of ever bit anybody, he loved everyone. In fact if you would of tried to burglarize my house, he would of helped just in case you would take him for a ride in your truck. But people didn't know that about him, they'ed see him and think "oh crap, look at the size of that big bastid danger". So I had to be careful and introduce him to people so they wouldn't freak out when they saw him come running just cause he wanted to play.

Well, we were at the lake one time (Guernsey Res.), and I Took him over and talked to some people who were in the only other campsite near ours. Did I mention Cody loved children more than anything? While I'm talking to the greenies, Cody finds half a dozen new kids to play with and lots of thrown sticks to get out of the lake, and it's all good.

For the next few days, Cody spent half of his time playing with those kids and half his time at our campsite--I told them, if he gets to be a nuscence , to let me know and I'd keep him over with us, but they'd laugh and say he was doing a wonderful job entertaining their kids.

Well after a couple days went by, they did come over and ask me if I'd keep him away for a while. I was kind of surprised at first, and asked what he did to get in trouble. They laughed again and said he is not in trouble, he is a wonderful dog, but the kids would like to go out floating on their inflatable things and he keeps dragging them back to shore and putting leaks in the blow up stuff. Lol

I offered to pay for some leaky toys, but they wouldn't hear of it. they said it was worth it in amusement just watching a dog who was afraid thier kids were gonna drown when they got past wading water.
grin

[Linked Image]