Hello Gentlemen,

I have an issue mounting scope on my Voere 2165 rifle. This is a classic Mauser-action hunting rifle in 300 Weatherby. I ordered high-quality detachable mounts specifically for this rifle from EAW in Germany. The scope I am trying to mount is Swarovski PV 1.5-6X42, 30mm tube. This is a classic scope made in the same country as the rifle itself so I figured it would be a good match. The problem I am facing is typical of Mauser rifles: the bolt handle lift angle is high and the bolt does not clear the scope's ocular (see pictures).

The amount of clearance needed is probably only 2mm or less: I can make the bolt clear the ocular if I mount the scope a little bit more forward. Alternatively, if I adjust the windage screw on the rear mount, it will shift the ocular slightly to the left and the scope will clear.

None of the above is really satisfactory so I am reaching out to the campfire members to find a better solution. Here are some thoughts:

a) Give the bolt to a gunsmith and ask him to bend the handle a little more so the bolt will clear the ocular.

b) Use a file and file away portion of the round bolt handle.

?

I appreciate your thoughts and recommendations.
-Omid

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Omid; 10/29/16.