OK, here is my latest report on this rifle:

First, I switched its original scope (Swarovski) with the Schmidt and Bender scope which I had on my Heym rifle. (The scope on Heym has been on that rifle since 2002). This solved the problem of clearance! The bolt handle now has about 1mm of clearance and can be worked out easily. laugh

[Linked Image]

Next, I wanted to see if my windage is OK or if I had moved the rear base too much to the side. So, I purchased a Bore Sighter and tested the position of the reticle with respect the barrel axis. It turns out that the windage is good and the scope is looking parallel (in the horizontal direction) to the axis of the barrel.

Then I observed a new problem: The elevation setting of the mount system is not right: The scope is looking about 20 MOA down when compared to the axis of the barrel. This is too much to compensate using the elevation adjustment of the rifle-scope. The elevation knob would need to turn to the maximum and this not good. frown

Why is the elevation not right? The rings/bases were specifically designed for this rifle. Do Mauser actions have such variation in production?

Thank you,
-Omid

[Linked Image]