Originally Posted by Pappy348
IF it really works, it would be a good thing for recovery. My son and I spent about four hours the other day tracking tiny blood drips from a buck he clipped, lightly apparently. My arms look like I had a battle with a barrel of Siamese cats. While searching, I found a really nice 10-point another hunter had lost last Saturday. Tragic.

I'm not in favor of using such stuff for locating living, unwounded critters, as I think we have enough of an advantage as it is.

And we all know darn well that is the first thing it will be used for.

Nice crisp fall morning with big game bedded down and well hidden on hillsides or in thickets; no need to minutely scan every square inch of ground for an antler tip or part of a leg, just pass this FLIR across likely areas to pick up the brightly shining warm bodies contrasting with the 20-40 degree ambient temperature. Lase the distance, crank up the scope, put a bullet through the bedded deer and then walk the 50 yards back to the parked UTV to go get it.

Heck, even the ad in the link shows what looks to be a healthy deer standing tall, not some wounded critter lying down.

This thing will sell like moonshine behind the barn of a Baptist revival meeting.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!