Sorry to the OP for this tangent.

I keep reading where some say this device is an ethics concern. It is making "lazy" hunters. It should only be used to recover game.

The one thing other than our spoken and written language which separates us from the other vermin on this planet is our ability to make tools. Human beings by far are the best tool makers in the world.

This device from Leupold is another step forward in tool making. A tool is used to make a job easier or more efficient/productive. This is assuming the majority of the people using it have the intelligence to operate it.

We all use tools to hunt. None of us are chasing down game in our bare feet and strangling it to death with our bare hands. I understand the push back to something new. We also don't like change.

Regardless of what this device can do, we still have regulations which govern the hours we hunt and bag limits of the game we hunt.

The end result in hunting is to harvest/kill the animal we are pursuing. To argue over how we do it leaves us standing on a slippery slope. Just my 2 cents.