Yup. I liked my Contender carbine (Super 16) in .35 rem.
Shot great after slight mods to synth stock.
Bbl just a little too short in look (if 18.5" proly kept it).
Converted that one back to handgun (Super 14, .35 rem, Pachmayr trim).

My other easy open frame is set up with synth stock and a 24" target .22rf bbl (made from 513T). It wants to shoot......when it goes off. I gotta play the locking bolt game and or change hammer spring.

Annoying, dug it out of the safe today........man what a cool rifle.Ought to get off my lazy arse and fix it (or send to somebody that does that work).

I have a cooler .22rf rifle that I rarely shoot (don't shoot any 22rf much). But having two cool .22 rifle collecting dust is better than just one.

Prefer the factoyr/Choat synth stock, for durability and thinner dims. It however sucks for scope usage, so a cheekpiece was needed (Kydex and velcro- cheap and worked great).

I keep thinking about a wood stock, .22rf not gonna slam the buttstock, damage the "ears" (seen several cracked).

Laminate from Boyds is super thick. Kills the whole feel of the gun. Might just have to do a permanent comb to the stock and send for wood film dip.

Pops offered me his Encore pro hunter........free. I HATE the feel of it (so declined). Evidently he wasn't too fond of the feel either LOL