Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Ok, thanks guys!

I'll start doing research on those models and get something goingđź‘Ť

Alan,

Good morning!

I've had good luck with a plain Jane Shooting Chrony.. I've had it so long I can't even remember when I bought it...

Its been criticized for some of the readings it gives me.... but when compared to the same loads over some friends, PACT, Oehlers etc... there isn't much variation of the readings of the MV...

One thing I will say for it... I have a couple of acquaintances at our range I run into from time to time.... guys with money, no kids, real good jobs for the Rogue Valley... like a Doctor or VP of Colvin Oil...

One thing they were impressed with my Shooting Chrony over, was how quick it takes to set it up and break it down....

I can set up, chronograph 5 or 10 rounds and they are still getting their PACTS and Oehlers set up when I am breaking down...they liked it so much, and for the price, both guys went out and bought the Shooting Chrony....

At times when they only have 10 shots or less to chronograph, they don't need to take the time to set up the spendier models.. and from mine, loads tested over theirs, yielded no real variations....

yeah, the others can do more... but for simplicity, reliable and quick set up and take down... the Shooting Chrony isn't a bad way to go...

I've had mine so long, I remember brand new, ( no sales or discounts) I paid $69 for it.. so its served me a long time...

Happy thanksgiving to you and the family..
best regards
john chr/ seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez