Originally Posted by kraky111
Fwiw.... I am the lucky gift recipient of a Labradar setup recently.
I had been using a pro chrono pal for a long long time with great success. I had read a review of a while back that was pretty in-depth and supposed to be very scientific that said the pro chrono are very consistent but usually over read by about 20 FPS. Turns out my lab radar and my prochrono read almost to the exact FPS every time.
Just about got the labradar all figured out for how to review things etc....and where to place on the bench. So far it's a very sweet setup but for what it costs I hope it stays that way a long long time!

I'm resurrecting this thread (after all, we're still in the Easter season) because I am interested in the Labradar. From everything I've read, light can be an issue and I live on the east coast of Florida: bright, sunny days are the norm. That said, I've looked into the Caldwell G2, which inverts the screens (does this solve the bright light issue?) and the Labrador. By the time all of the accessories are put together, the Labrador is about three times the cost of the Caldwell, but is also more flexible since it doesn't depend on light for the readings. If the inverted screens of the G2 solve the issue, though, I'll save the money.

Kraky - What is your opinion now that you've had the Labrador for a while? Also, has anyone used the G2?

Thanks

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown