It's the usual old story. It wasn't raining, sleeting or snowing when we went out. But the weather forecast was for snow. It's not supposed to rain here this time of year. Shoulda known better than to take the 99G. I was leaning towards taking the Weatherby Accumark in 300 Wby and should have. It's pretty impervious to foul weather. I've got the 99G apart and I think it'll be OK. I didn't take notes on stock oils for guns of this era. If someone could post that info again I'd appreciate it. Those weatherproof 99's of yours are looking better and better Roy. The G is seriously bubbaed but is in really good shape as far as the bluing and wood condition so I hate to go that route with it. I've got a 99F 308 with a bulge just behind the front sight that is a better candidate. Going back out tomorrow so maybe I'll get lucky. Precipitation is predicted for the afternoon so I may take the Weatherby. Will post results if I get lucky. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]