No sleet or rain yesterday. Just snow. It was nice in the morning and we followed a herd of elk up to where we couldn't get to them. We got within about 400 yards of them once so I substituted a Weatherby 270 for the 99EG 308 yesterday afternoon. We saw two cows about a mile and a half away at about four o'clock. Took the 4-wheeler to within about a half mile from where we last saw them. It's rough country and they weren't visible during the ride. Had to cross a large creek to get to where we thought they were. Found a calm area with some ice on it. It looked kind of flexible when Bret crossed it. It gave way on my last step on the far shore. I only got a little wet, my other foot was on the bank. The Weatherby went in the snow on the bank and Bret pulled me and the Wby the rest of the way out. It had of course started snowing as soon as we started out on the 4-wheeler. I cleaned the snow off the scope and checked the bore for snow blockage and we were ready to go. We found the elk a few minutes later at only about 200 yards. It was snowing so hard they looked like ghosts so we let them go.
Took today off but will be back out tomorrow. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]