Yesterday I was sneaking along pretending I was quiet when a whitetail doe broke out of some logging slash and crossed just 50 meters or so in front of me. I flipped off the safety and scanned behind her, and sure enough, a nice buck was running right behind. So I swung the crosshairs along his body and touched off just as I swung ahead. Put a bullet behind his ear.
On the walk back to camp a grouse was scratching around under a spruce. So I flipped up the rifle sight and plinked it with a .22 magnum solid. We got a glimpse of a wolf near camp later but didn't have time for a shot.
I really love the versatility of this set up, a Krieghoff Trumpf dural drilling 16x16/7x57R with .22 mag insert barrel and Kahles 3-9 scope in claw mounts. I can hunt anything in our province with that combination. Handles like a lively birdgun and has the precision of a good rifle. It would be interesting to take this gun on an African hunt some day and really see how versatile it is.
It was a good morning, and made even better when my wife and a buddy joined me to drag the deer out of the bush. We had venison tenderloins for supper and a grouse stir fry for lunch. Life is good!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]