Originally Posted by czech1022
I want VERY lightweight shooting "sticks" - can be tripod, bipod or monopod (like the Primos Gen 2 Trigger Stick) - for shooting antelope from a sitting or occasionally standing position.

I tried a Harris S25 Bipod but it just ruined the weight and balance of my Tikka T3 Lite 25-06.

I won't be shooting prone because Nevada sagebrush obscures my view of everything when I'm laying down.

Has to be light and easy to carry, and ideally would be easy to deploy even when you already have a rifle in your hands, ready for the shot.

Any ideas?

Three extra tall carbon-fiber XC ski poles. I've gotten some pretty high end pole sets inexpensively at garage sales and GoodWill stores. Usually less than 5 bucks a set. Tightly bundle together with several wraps of bungee cord. Slide the bungee cord to whatever height needed for the shooting position chosen. Spread the poles to form a tripod for shooting. Keep bundled together with a second bungee cord wrap for a sturdy walking stick. I remove the handles so the poles can be neatly packed together when bundled.