Originally Posted by jwall
Light Weight

I've been using Stoney Point shooting sticks for several yrs.
they weigh 17 O Z. 3 sections, telescoping, Bi pod w/forked top rest.

They scope down for sitting, NOT prone. I'm 5'10" and they're plenty tall for standing. Stoney Point has new & newER models so I suggest you check out their W site.

Being Light Wt. they're NOT strong enuff for walking support.

Mine cost $50.00 several yrs ago. WORTH every PENNY.

I never leave home w/o them.

Jerry

This sorta.

I used Stoney point shooting stix for years but the 3-sectioned cross sticks meant for shooting while seated. The problem was the bunginess of the cords wore out quickly.

Several years ago I got a pair of Primos Pole Cate Steady Stix Magnum that are beefed up versions of the old Stoney Point product and they're EXCELLENT especially for $35!

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/635392/primos-pole-cat-steady-stix-magnum-shooting-stick

I am like jwall... use em ALL the time nearly EVERYWHERE. They come with a belt holster that allows quick access and the design of the sticks themselves allow fast expansion right when needed. Combined with a Montana shooting sling I can shoot quite accurately out to 350 yards.

I've often flirted with the more sturdy and steady Bog Pod versions, but they're also
More complicated and time consuming to adjust. If hunting from a blind I am sure a three-legged Bog Pod would be excellent, but for speed & weight the steady stix are vastly superior.