Originally Posted by gophergunner
Flight's out tomorrow morning at 5:30 a.m. Dinner at my sis's house tomorrow, pick up the rental car first thing Friday, should be at camp by 1 p.m. Really feeling the call to return to my roots and get back on the hill again. Sure wish dad and the other members of the Old Guard were there to enjoy it with me. Rest in Peace, guys.

Your excitement is contagious gopher! Reminds me when I was a boy, most kids couldnt sleep before christmas, I couldnt sleep before buck season. Even when I was in the military I would save my entire years worth of leave to come home for the month of December. I would hunt the 2nd week and stay for Christmas, usually flying out the day after. A few times I was deployed and couldnt make it, but oh'well, was the only times I missed it.

Im not sure why I get so amped up, I dont think Ive ever seen a buck the first day. I always have better success, once the pressure goes down and/or the deer wise up and get in the thick stuff. This year I have mixed feelings as I am moving away in January. I am bummed about possibly missing future hunting seasons but excited about the prospects of the move.

Good luck to you, IIRC you didnt make it back last year, just means the big one had another year to grow, shoot straight and good luck.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's