Originally Posted by killindeer
Originally Posted by bersh
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Originally Posted by Travis13
How does this scope compare the the Leupold VX3/VX3i?

This weekend,I compared a new Leupold VX3i in 2.5-8x36 to a new Meopta 3-9x42. They were both good,small scopes. The Leupold is lighter and more compact,its on a Kimber Hunter and seems ideal for the little rifle. I think the Meopta maybe a touch better in dim light,but its larger.

The leupold and meopta both had standard duplex reticles. I think I prefered the leupold,it was a tad bolder and made the leupold about as good in low light as the meopta.

These scopes are close enough to pick based on personal preference.

The Cabelas 3-9x40 and the Meopta 3-9x42 are completely different scopes. The Meopta has a much larger rear bell, is shorter, heavier, has shorter eye relief, and I didn't like it as much as the Cabelas version. I was able to do a side-by-each in a store about a month ago. The Cabelas version is identical to a Zeiss Conquest (eurooptics version, no longer have an older Conquest in 3-9 to compare to, so not sure if they are the same or not) I have. For $250 this should be a no-brainer.

Is the plex in the cabelas the same thinnish plex on the meopta?

They are similar, but the I think the cabelas is thicker. The z-plex is thicker than the standard duplex, and to my eyes is superior in low light to the duplex.

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow in the daylight.