Partagas,

You just touched on one reason I use my T7 as a semi-progessive: There are 7 holes for various dies. I use up to 5 dies to get exactly the results desired in both sizing and seating. One of the reasons is separating the seating and crimping operations into two different steps, which normally results in better accuracy even if done on a single-stage press. (Can explain that later, if you want.) That's more holes than most turret presses or progressives have, and there's still room for the powder measure.

Obviously there's no auto-indexing. Instead I manually turn the turret with one hand, and run the handle with the other. The only times I take my hand off the handle is during repriming and dumping the powder. As noted earlier, this results in 300-350 rounds per hour. That may not seem like much compared to advertised rates for progressives, but I've used several popular progressives and the actual rate is normally closer to what I can get with the T7.

As also noted earlier, I've never been able to produce rifle ammo as consistently accurate on those popular progressives as with the T7, which matters to me more than somewhat higher production. I'm not saying progressives don't work well. They do, it all depends on what kind of ammo you want to produce.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck