I still have a couple of sporterized Number 4 Mk1s. Simply the military wood has been cut down. Anyway They will shoot with ammo they like . The one once shot a 100 yard 10 shot group into 1 3/4 inches at 100 yards with the military peep sight. It also liked the old CIL 180 gr roundhouse, shooting into one inch at 100 many times. Of course I shot those groups 50 years ago with young eyes. I hunted exclusively with mine from age 13 until age 24 when I got my first paying job after university and bought a pre 64 featherweight in 270. That was what Jack OConner recommended and that became my primary rifle. The 303 was very effective on deer at least out to about 200 yards, my longest shot with it. I used the 150 gr hornady loaded by a friend, 180 gr Norma factory load and 180 gr CIL roundnose. The 180 gr roundnose was my favourite. being a very effective, always expanding and always penetrating. I never did recover one from game, but did recover one from a hard packed snowbank and it was the perfect mushroom.