Originally Posted by sharpsguy
Get the Smith sight. If you are going to hunt, you will be making a serious mistake if you overlook the 403169. Your 18 twist will really make it come alive. The Saeco 740 and the 640 both fall far short of either of the Lyman flatnosed bullets for hunting. I have and have shot each of these different bullets, and you will be TIME and money ahead to get the two Lyman molds and forget the rest if you plan to hunt.

HTRN, as Sharpsguy says, the Smith sight is a wonder onto itself, I mounted one on my '86 Turnbull 50-110 WCF, it fires a 680 gr flat nosed greaser at, IIRC 1240 fps with blackpowder.

I brought the rifle to Sharpsguys place, he made me a copper penny front sight, then we headed to his range, I was busting steel animal silhouettes at 100, 150 and even a gong at 200 yards right off the bat, no way in hell I could shoot a lever action like that without a bit of guidance from Sharpsguy and the Smith sight.

My rifle has the crescent steel butt plate, 40-60 rounds from a bench ain't happening, but, for a hunting rifle, it's readily adjustable to shoot and kill out to 200 yards post haste.

Trump Won!